Have been organizing information literacy and research skills lesson. Found a lot of resources on the internet. Here’s the list.
NYC Department of Education Information/Digital Literacy resources page include a lot of useful information.
- Empire State Information Fluency Continuum K-12 Priority Benchmark Skills Booklet (color)
- Stripling Model of Inquiry
- Common Core Workshop Series
- Common Core Workshop Materials
- Citizenship in the Digital Age
- This publication was supported by Federal Library Services and Technology Act funds, awarded to the New York State Library by the Federal Institute of Museum and Library Services. The guide contains sample lessons from grades 1 to 12 in the areas of responsibility and online safety. The lessons are aligned to the NYC Information Fluency Continuum and Common Core Learning Standards.
- Project-Based Learning: Inspiring Middle School Students to Engage in Deep and Active Learning
Ontario School Library Association (OSLA) Information Studies Curriculumn
A very useful resource for lessons plans in different subjects, the one above is for research skills.
An interactive map for young students to learn how to do research, good for lower grade students (e.g. G6)